Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Easiest Cranberry Sauce Ever

I am hardly a tradtionalist in ANY aspect of my life, but certain things just don't need a spin.  Cranberry sauce is one of them.  When I decided to make my sauce from scratch this year (mainly because we were hosting Thanksgiving and I wanted to do everything from scratch.) I found a million variations on cranberry sauce that included blackberries, vodka...all kinds of wacky stuff.

The bottom line is that most often simple works best.  Good ingredients and few of them.  This recipe was a big hit (especially with my father-in-law who loves crandberry sauce).  Whip it up next year for your Thanksgiving.  You won't be disappointed.

Ingredients:
1 bag (12 ounces) cranberries
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 cup water



*Optional: save your extra zest and use as garnish when you serve you sauce.

Directions:
 In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, lemon zest and water; bring to a boil.  Reduce to a simmer; cook until cranberries are soft, about 10 minutes.  Transfer to a bowl, and let cool to room temperature.




No comments:

Post a Comment